Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Ultimate Challenge

I sit in a rather comfortable chair, doing nothing but aimlessly stare at the arcade across the room in the back. I'm not in my girlfriends sex dungeon. Although, an arcade would suit that place rather well. No, I am staring at the tall arcade boxes in the UC. The look lonely. Flashing graphics, they call out for attention. Sadly, only I notice; the other students sit in the front of the tv.

There are four arcade boxes, starting from the left: Soul Caliber II, that fifteen minute whore. I rode her for about that much. On the other side, in the corner with peeling paint, Cruis'n World jumps for joy, happy to be noticed.

I don't go to her though, and she quickly offs herself. Go figure. Actually, there are many forgotten yet good arcade games still to be played. All of them are shooting games, such as Sharpshooter, House of The Dead, Time Crisis, Jedi Stuff. Those games are hard, though I'm sure Daniel could finish them.

I've only played the sharpshooter in the UC. Its a target shooting game with certain themes behind the targets and different ways to score points. Simple enough. So I plug a few quarters in a begin blasting away. Soon enough, a small crowd of students gathers round, looking at the fake blood splatter across the screen. No words are exchanged, except for my incessant screaming the words: "DIE DIE DIE DIE..." I lose on the ultimate challenge, however. Some dude laughs.

"You suck. Ain't got skills, DAYUMM!" The braggart laughs and puts some quarters into the machine. "Here, I'll help you, baby." My gaze slides from his needle nose and beady eyes, as well as his fat jowls, to the bright pink gun I hold in my hand. Then back to him. I whack him on the back of his head. The crowd is stunned into silence.

"You can tell the administrator about this, or you can go watch tv." They watch tv.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.